We’ve had conversations with athletes and parents of athletes that have gone through the college experience. We hope these interviews provides you insights on what to expect from a recruiting, playing and academic prospective. We understand you may have a lot of questions about what it’s really like at the next level, these interview will provide answers to those questions and more.
What athletes say about college experience
- Big 10 Champion helps daughter through recruiting process.We had a chance to sit down with Mary Armstong, a former Big Ten Champion, All American and George Alderston Athlete of the Year. Mary’s daughter, Cathryn just finished her athletic career at MSU, where both her parents competed on the women’s and men’s swim teams. From this interview you’ll see Cathryn’s parents provided insights to the college athletic experience most student-athletes […]
- Choosing the right collegeConversation with 25 year high school coach Scholarpreps sat down with Bob Chiesa, Bob has coached high school football for more than 25 years with some of the top programs in the metro Detroit area. What should be considered when selecting the right college We’ve heard a lot of parents say things like, “if they […]
- How do I get on the coach’s recruiting list?This is one of the most asked questions by parents of student athletes. Parents wonder how other kids with similar skills rank higher than their student athlete. There is no magic when it comes to the “recruiting lists” college coaches are using during their recruiting efforts. The list is developed using a number of factors […]
- Reactive Recruiting: A Cautionary TaleDoes going to a private school guarantee a scholarship? The life of a star high school athlete should be relatively straight forward. Your job is to study hard, practice harder, stay out of trouble, and wait for the scholarship offers to start rolling in. In the world of college recruiting this is a reactive approach. […]
- High School Freshman Student Athlete To-Do-ListIt’s your freshman year in high school and you loving playing sports, you’d like to continue playing in college. So the question is, what should you be doing to position yourself for a playing at the next level? Below is list of items you need to keep in mind to reach your goals: Register for […]