Succeeding in college sports starts with a successful career in high school english, math and science courses. A winning score in those areas will lead to victory in college eligibility.
College Prep Posts
- High School Freshman Student Athlete To-Do-ListIt’s your freshman year in high school and you loving playing sports, you’d like to continue playing in college. So the question is, what should you be doing to position yourself for a playing at the next level? Below is list of items you need to keep in mind to reach your goals: Register for … Read more
- Understanding DII Academic RequirementsSucceeding in college sports starts with a successful career in high school English, math and science courses. A winning score in those areas will lead to victory in college eligibility. Starting Aug. 1, 2018, incoming student-athletes must meet the following requirements to be eligible for Division II athletics. Core Courses To be eligible to compete at … Read more
- Understand your academic requirements, so you can play in collegeI can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard a heart breaking story about a student athlete that just missed his or her academic requirements to play in college. Some of these What are core courses? Not all high school classes count as NCAA core courses. Only classes in English, math (Algebra 1 or higher), … Read more
- Steps to Achieving NCAA EligibilityFreshmen and Sophomores Start planning now! Work hard to get the best grades possible. Take classes that match your school’s NCAA list of approved core courses. You can receive your school’s NCAA list of approved core coursesat www.ncaaclearinghouse.net. Juniors At the beginning of your junior year, register at www.ncaaclearinghouse.net and complete the amateurism questionnaire. Register … Read more
- Improve your SAT and ACT ScoresHigher SAT or ACT* Scores Can Bring You Thousands in Scholarships! You know a good SAT or ACT score can help you get into the college of your choice. But, did you know your scores will also help you pay for it? Over 14 billion dollars worth of scholarship money is available for students to … Read more